Browse this topic
Registered Mail™ items must have a Registered Mail barcode that allows for the item to be tracked. You can prepare Registered Mail by applying a Registered Mail barcode label on the front of each item.
Also, commercial customers have 3 options to prepare Registered Mail for delivery to Canadian destinations:
- Using prepaid, pre-barcoded Registered Mail envelopes
- Using our Electronic Shipping Tools (EST) 2.0 or EST Desktop software to create and print your own Registered Mail barcode labels
- Creating and printing a Registered Mail barcode and artwork on the mail item itself, on a label, or on an envelope
Prepaid Registered Mail envelopes are available to commercial customers in two sizes:
- Standard (Item# 143001): 240 mm x 150 mm with a maximum weight of 50 g
- Other (Item# 143002): 318 mm x 241 mm with a maximum weight of 200 g
You can order prepaid envelopes by calling the Canada Post order desk at 1‑888‑550‑6333.
Commercial customers can create and print a Registered Mail barcode label using the Electronic Shipping Tools (EST) Desktop software with a compatible 4-inch by 6-inch thermal label printer.
Using EST will:
- Capture each of your Registered Mail tracking identifiers in our tracking system and associate each with the order (Statement of Mailing) number
- Allow you to set up email notifications on Registered Mail items
- Let you assign a “Customer Reference” to each Registered Mail item which you can also use for tracking
- Give you more tracking events
- Allow you to use the Advanced Tracking options in the Online Business Centre, which includes tracking by Statement of Mailing (SOM) number
If you’re a commercial customer who wishes to develop their own in-house solution for printing a Registered Mail barcode and artwork, you must follow a certification process. The EST Desktop software has a File Import option which you can use with your in-house systems.